My Sata hard drive is not detected

Closed
alfazzo - Jan 14, 2009 at 03:58 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 14, 2009 at 07:01 PM
Hello,
I have 2 hard drives in my pc, one is a Sata drive an the other is a ide drive. The sata drive originally was the boot drive with windows xp on, while the other drive was for storage. I had alot of problems with the sata drive, tried to reinstall xp onto it, but failed due to alot of errors!! I then installed xp onto the ide drive and this is now the 1st boot drive. However I would like to use my sata drive for storage, but it does not appear on My Computer or cant be detected in BIOS. The sata drive will still boot up when selected in BIOS, but windows does not run as it should.

Is there anyway to detect this sata drive and format it?
Or will it not be detected as both drives have windows installed on it?

If anyone can help I would be very grateful as Ive run out of ideas.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 14, 2009 at 07:01 PM
If you had "a lot of problems" with the SATA drive I suggest that you remove it from your computer. If it has returned errors before I suspect it is near failure or in some way not compatible with your PC.