My computer turns off After a message pops up

Closed
Ryno - Jan 15, 2009 at 09:33 AM
DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010 - Jan 15, 2009 at 10:17 AM
I have no control over my computer, once i get to the log in screen and click my name. It pops up a message and sends me to my desktop, but when i touch a button or click my computer shuts off. I know its a virus because im dumb and i downloaded something that i shouldnt have!! Please Please help.

Thank you

2 responses

DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010
Jan 15, 2009 at 09:44 AM
Start your computer in SAFE MODE. Do you know how to do this?

When you power up your PC, press F8 key several times until you see a list on the screen, the first option will be SAFE MODE. Select it with the Arrow Keys on your keyboard and press Enter.

When You are logged in, click on Start > Run

Type MSCONFIG and press ENTER key.

Click on the Startup TAB on the window which appears when you press ENTER.

You'll see a list of the startup programs which load during your startup, the one which is affecting you also will be fond in that list.

Just click on DISABLE ALL on the bottom of the window. Click on APPLY. Then Restart the PC when it will ask you to Restart Now. Windows will start up normally I suppose after this. Then you can download a software called Malwarebytes AntiMalware to install and remove all the viruses infecting your PC.

Remember to update the software after the installation process.
ill try this....dont get off, if it doesnt work because i need help
Carloz > Ryno
Jan 15, 2009 at 10:02 AM
Heard about Antivirus...?
DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010 > Carloz
Jan 15, 2009 at 10:13 AM
Hello friend, yes I have heard about Anti Virus. You should study the problem before giving an immediate solution.
I am a highly qualified computer technician and I know nearly all problems and their solutions.
I got a question... Do you have to un disable the setup thing after done?
DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010 > Ryno
Jan 15, 2009 at 10:08 AM
No not all, after the virus scan, note the name of the virus or viruses affecting you. Because you should not enable the one which is giving you the problem. You will have to enable only the essential ones which you believe are important for your use.
DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010
Jan 15, 2009 at 10:02 AM
LOL.

Oki. I am waiting. By the way I am exhausted. It's Nine P.M here in Mauritius.
Do I un-disable those programs after done? And should i do a full scan or a quick one?
DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010 > Ryno
Jan 15, 2009 at 10:17 AM
You should perform a full scan. This is a better option not to let go any virus.

HAHAHAHHA

I have already replied you the first part of this question.