Not able 2 axes D: using regedit solution

Closed
Priya - Jan 17, 2009 at 11:14 PM
asustop Posts 5 Registration date Saturday October 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 - Jan 18, 2009 at 02:28 AM
Hello,

There was a query, When I double click on the D:\ drive on my notebook it doesn't open automatically, rather it starts the OPEN WITH menu and asks
Choose the program you want to use to open this file: D:\ and gives a list of programs. This error was not there earlier, but has been coming for some time after i detected and removed a virus otorun.inf from my d: harddisk using pc-cillin by trendmicro. I have to access the D: hard disk using windows exploer. Pls help and tell me how I can go back to double clicking to access D:\., dated june 25, 2008. Me too having the same issue. There was a solution posted saying first go to run then write " regedit" that is registry

then find " ctrl+f"

in this box write "mountpoints2" and delete it ......

then again press "ctrl+f" again find mountpoints2 until all these files are not deleted

then u will see ur problems is solved................

I tried this way, but there was no value set for this registry and was not able to delete.... Pls help me in this regard....
Related:

1 response

asustop Posts 5 Registration date Saturday October 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 6
Jan 18, 2009 at 02:28 AM
hi,
you need to remove the antorun.inf file.
you can download "Disk Heal" to remove it.
try this link:

http://www.computer-realm.net/software/diskheal/download.php