Acer aspire screen broken external monitor not working

Closed
Tajone - Apr 10, 2011 at 07:26 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 10, 2011 at 03:39 PM
Hello,

I have an acer aspire with a broken screen I have been using it for months connected to an old monitor and has always been fine. Yesterday the plug fell out of the laptop while I was moving it, it was on at the time this happens often usually I plug it back in and it's fine this time it isn't working. I have tried everything I can think of I have tried logging in a fiddling with "fn" + "f5" the laptop screen adjusts as it flicks black and so forth chimes if I unplug it or plug it in, it should work, I Have also tried on my tv no luck. The only time I get anything on the external is once I have typed my password blind and hit enter the welcome windows loading page displays but drops out when goes to my desktop..

I'm at a dead end is there anything anyone can think of that I'm missing..

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Apr 10, 2011 at 03:39 PM
Behind every answer, to help given on the forum, there are human volunteers who give their time trying to solve users' problems.

Therefore, it is expressly requested from kioskea forums users to show their utmost respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

* Please, re-write your message accordingly, repespecting the politeness charter and repost your message.

Please, thank you, appreciate, greatful are words among those forms

We trust that you understand