My computer is very strange... HELP!

Closed
LaurenXchemxX Posts 2 Registration date Saturday April 23, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 24, 2011 - Apr 23, 2011 at 03:16 PM
SteveFlores Posts 9 Registration date Thursday April 28, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 29, 2011 - Aug 29, 2011 at 09:33 AM
Hello, so my computer is a bi-polar piece of junk. It was a family computer and now its mine.. It is an eMachines T5086. I tried cleaning it out and I'm sure that it was packed full of viruses. It was slow since I got it... And eventually it started randomly crashing and would stay off for a few months and then I'd turn it back on and it would work again but still be slow. Now, I've had it off for about four months since it crashed and I turned it on four days ago and it was working decently but two days ago it started going downhill again. I tried fixing it with this Fix It program and it wasn't doing much so I used the program to wipe my partitions clean and tried reinstalling Windows Vista but I guess my disc is crap because it has been abused and it scratched up. So I had a tech buddy of mine that lives out of state help me download Linux and I put it on a CD and a flash-drive but they don't open so I can't install it. Therefore I re-wiped my partitions and re-tried downloading Vista but now its saying I have no drivers and of course I don't have the driver disc because someone lost it. I can't afford to take the computer to someone to have them fix it and I certainly can't afford a new computer. Parts are a possibility but can't get them any time soon. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me.
Thank you,
Lauren.

2 responses

I guess you could download the drivers of your Laptop on the internet then install a new copy of your windows Vista
(Forgive me if you've already tried looking for your drivers online. I thought it was an obvious suggestion but said it nonetheless)
LaurenXchemxX Posts 2 Registration date Saturday April 23, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 24, 2011
Apr 24, 2011 at 01:49 PM
well I had judt thought of doing that yesterday but didn't have time to. But now, I have been playing around with it again and I got my Linux partition to work. The drivers? All I can do is look for them online again I suppose.
kevin_techno Posts 45 Registration date Tuesday August 2, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2011 7
Aug 16, 2011 at 08:30 AM
a bit of confusing if you can explain what steps have you taken so far for the issue.
SteveFlores Posts 9 Registration date Thursday April 28, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 29, 2011
Aug 29, 2011 at 09:33 AM
just make sure to download the drivers from the official website of its vendor or manufacturer if you will search and download the drivers manually.