My CD Drive doesn't work please help

Closed
Shawn - Apr 29, 2011 at 04:04 AM
PC_ZOMBIE Posts 4 Registration date Thursday April 28, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2011 - Apr 29, 2011 at 05:42 AM
Hello,
my name is shawn, and i have a HP ProBook4510s with Windows Vista Business, and my disk drive stopped working out of no where, every CD or DVD that i put in the drive, doesn't load or show up anywhere. please help!!

Related:

1 response

PC_ZOMBIE Posts 4 Registration date Thursday April 28, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2011
Apr 29, 2011 at 05:27 AM
halo shawn

the problem you are facing is a very common one.it occurs on several occasions like weak laser,faulty connection,signal ribbon problem...

your laptop is working,so i presume that it's not for faulty connection...may be it's just because of the signal ribbon or it may be the laser.....

in both case you have to contact your laptop manufacturer as unfortunately there is nothing you can do at your home unless you are a PC mechanic.

if the warranty period for your laptop is over,i would suggest you to buy an external DVD writer....bit costly but handy for your laptop.

regards
PC_ZOMBIE Posts 4 Registration date Thursday April 28, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2011
Apr 29, 2011 at 05:42 AM
sorry i forgot......
check your device manager first to make sure that your ROM is installed properly....
if no then uninstall the driver and restart your laptop.CD ROM is a plug and play device,so it should be reinstalled next time you start your laptop.

all the above suggestion is applicable if you don't see any error msg during start-up....if you get any error msg like dll file corrupt or missing or unable to load,repair or re-install your OS.

thanks