No wireless connection

Closed
llk - May 1, 2011 at 12:53 AM
Noodle2u Posts 7 Registration date Thursday June 18, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 15, 2011 - May 1, 2011 at 01:43 AM
Hi,
i am not able to connect to internet by wireless but i can connect through ethernet cable, i am having a toshiba satellite L300 laptop with windows vista as os.
can any body help??

1 response

Noodle2u Posts 7 Registration date Thursday June 18, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 15, 2011
May 1, 2011 at 01:43 AM
1. First thing you need to do is make sure you have a wireless adapter driver updated. You can go into the Control Panel and in the network adapter area you might see a yellow ! mark that means that there is a problem there.

2. The other thing is that if you are on a laptop there is always a small button on the outside of the laptop that can turn the wireless signal on and off. This has stopped many people from connecting to the Internet using a wireless connection because they did not realize that they had this button. This probably should have been the first step....

3. Have you set the wireless Internet connection to automatically connect to wireless network that is not need you or close by at the moment? you can go to the Control Panel and click on the network and sharing icon. Or you can go to the notification area in the right-hand corner, and hopefully you will have a network of icon there that will give you the option to connect to a network.

3. If all this fails then visit this page for a full menu of articles that might help you with your problem. Networking Tips