New Asus computer won't work

Closed
dieseleric - May 6, 2011 at 02:50 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 6, 2011 at 04:09 PM
Hello,

I recently purchased a new Asus Eee Box EB1012P with Windows 7 for my home theater system. I turned if on for the first time and it started to boot up. It said Windows was loading. Then it all of a sudden came up with a gray screen that said "ERROR" in red letters. When I pressed Esc a message came up that said "Asus Recovery Tool" and "You have run process before."

Can someone please help me on how I am supposed to start my computer up and have Windows load properly?

Thanks

Related:

4 responses

I managed to get to the Windows Boot Manager and run the Windows Memory Diagnostic and got an error. What does this mean?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 6, 2011 at 05:18 AM
Hi,

It's impossible to help you unless you give full details about the error message in question.

Regards
The error says "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer
2. Choose language settings, and then click "Next"
3. Click "Repair your computer"

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance

File: \boot\memtest.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt."

This is a mini desktop with no CD or DVD drive and it did not come with Windows installation disc, it was supposed to be pre-loaded onto the machine
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 6, 2011 at 04:09 PM
The error code you gave me means that there is not such file, in other words no Windows.

If I were you, I would run back to the store and ask them to get their act together and correct their mistake.

Also, although if it's a mini desktop, you should insist on getting the disks for which you paid for.