Vista Desktop Items Not Shown at Startup

Closed
SP - Jan 21, 2009 at 07:03 AM
 Hubert - Jun 30, 2010 at 08:35 AM
Hi Friends,

I had a Dell Laptop with windows Vista Installed. When ever I start my windows vista. It boots perfect and shows the login screen. After Login My screen is blank. I cant see any of my desktop items. I have start my Task manager and start the explorer using the new task option.

thanks
SP
Related:

7 responses

my icons and my menu bar dissapeared and m using windows vista...the thing is that the screen is blank and even if I do a right click nothin pops out...everything is fine with the pc though as I can open up application through the task manager..and I can even change the wall paper and themes and all , have tried changing the icon appearance but it doesnt seem to work..i mean it doesnt show up...so plzz help
Are you still having same problem ? my laptop is doing the same thing and I was wondering if you fixed it. The system restore did not work for me.
vicky > tntweb
Feb 25, 2010 at 06:02 PM
try to restore the comp..with the safe modem with command prompt
ebuddy4445 Posts 32 Registration date Tuesday August 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 2, 2009 5
Jan 22, 2009 at 01:02 AM
hi,

Go to Control Panel > Personalize or you can right-click on the desktop and select Personalize, and then choose the link for "Change Desktop Icons" on the left-hand side.

Now you can chose the icons you want back on the desktop by checking the box next to them.

Click the Apply, and you should see the icon show up on the desktop immediately.
hi just resoled the problem of no desktop and start menu on boot up I just simply did a system restore to the day I started having promems i.e. the day avg poped up with a trojan
cna someone help as I am facing the same problem and nothing is working....

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
What I did was to start in safe mode after closing - once the pc is opened in safe mode go to system restore - revert to an earlier version when it worked.

Helped me. From here you can sort of trouble shoot if you want. I was screwing around with my monitor resolution settings when I first got hit with the issue.

Hope that helps
Hello,

My computer desktop screen no icons show up and yhe start botton as well. Then the screen is yellow. Can you please help me.
take a big stone and through on it and buy anew one.coolllllllllll