Computer won't boot

Closed
Loba - Jan 21, 2009 at 07:40 AM
ks59803 Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday January 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 22, 2009 - Jan 22, 2009 at 03:12 PM
Hello,

I Was reading the other posts and I have a similar problem, last night I tried to turn on my pc and it started up but then a little red light lit up and it made a couple of long beeping sounds after a while stopped but nothing else happened, I tried turning it off and waited a while to turn on again but this time the green and red light were on at the same time, no beeping sound but the monitor mouse and keyboard don't go on at all...........help please.

I was also wondering if I will have a problem recovering the data and photos from it??

Thank you in advance.
Related:

4 responses

ks59803 Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday January 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 22, 2009 1
Jan 21, 2009 at 10:36 AM
The beeping you heard was a diagnostic code from the motherboard. If your not familiar with PC repair I suggest taking it to a reputable shop. If the PC has windows 98 I would probably suggest a new PC anyways, the repair will be far more than its worth. As far as saving the data, yes and no. Yes you can as long as the hard drive isnt fried and I wouldnt advise until finding out the issue for sure. If the motherboard failed then your data is ok. Keep us posted and let us know if you attempt it yourself. Thanks!
I just realize that this happen after I got the cable internet hooked up to the computer, I had it on for 3 days after the cable company install it and I turned it off on Monday night, and when I tried to turn it back on yesterday that's what happened, the computer is cable ready, but this is the first time I get the cable sevice for it and I was wondering if maybe that had to do with it.

Thanks
ks59803 Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday January 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 22, 2009 1
Jan 21, 2009 at 09:21 PM
Loba , not sure what kind of Broadband you have but it sounds like a hardware issue. The modems used dont damage hardware like this , rarely even a software conflict if not USB compatible yet thats rare. The power supply could be shorting out or have an intermittent fault, more info could reveal it.
Well I tried unplugging the power cord yesterday from the back of the computer and the main outlet and left it like that for a while to see if it will help but still the same the red and green light where the power on button is lit up and stay lit the fans are working but it wont boot, the only thing I noticed is that when I opened the cd burner the red light went out, I'm going to take it to a repair shop but only to see if I can recover the data and pictures i had in there.

I think is time for a new computer, thanks for your help and I'll let you know the outcome.
Jan 22, 2009 at 03:12 PM
Yes, the pc is probably fried and a new one is a great idea. They should be able to get your data off of it. Best of luck