Using router as switch -not showing internet

Closed
naru - May 11, 2011 at 11:03 AM
mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 - May 12, 2011 at 06:41 AM
Hi ,
I am using Linksys spare router as switch by disableing DHCP and selecting LAN in advance setting. now i have connected router in one of my Lan port where i want to connect pc as well as network printer but my pc is not catching internet

what is the setting i am missing

Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,829
May 11, 2011 at 12:11 PM
When using a router as a switch you should not use the "WAN" port for the input - just use one of the LAN ports.

Good Luck
Thanks Pcman , I am connecting this router to one of the LAN port in network and i am using router's 4 port as input and i am not using any WAN port. my internet port is empty in the current router. The pc is accessing other local pcs in network and showing connected with DHCP assign IP my network is also not showing limited access, Why i am not able to access my internet on LAN?
mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 94
May 12, 2011 at 06:41 AM
You can check the issue that you have for your Linksys router not getting connected to the Internet. You could check if it is a configuration issue or a Internet Service Provider issues. If you have a configuration issue, you would need to configure your Linksys router. IF you are not connected to the Internet or if you have any issues with your ISP, you can contact your ISP to get the issues fixed.