Hard drive doesn't fit hard drive enclosure

Solved/Closed
regan11 Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday May 18, 2011 Status Member Last seen May 25, 2011 - May 25, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 25, 2011 at 04:18 PM
Hi, I am trying to get data from my laptop hard drive before I have to wipe my laptop completely (it won't even turn on). Apparently my hard drive is a SATA one so I bought a SATA 2.5 external hard drive enclosure however the hard drive does not fit the enclosure.

Basically my hard drive connector bit has long wide gold pins & the encosure connector looks like it would fit something the shape of a memory card - so my laptop is too big for it. I have photos but don't know how to put them up here...

My hard drive is a WD Scorpio Blue and the enlosure is a 2.5 external SATA hard HDD drive case enclosure USB 2.0

Does anyone know what kind of enclosure I should get?

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
May 25, 2011 at 04:18 PM
Bare in mind that behind every answer, to help given on the forum, there are human volunteers who give their time trying to solve users' problems.

Therefore, it is expressly requested from kioskea forums users to show their utmost respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

* Please, re-write your message accordingly, respecting the politeness charter and repost your message.

Please, thank you, appreciate, greateful are words among those forms

We trust that you understand