My toshiba external hard disk goes in infinite loading mode

Closed
vishal - Oct 7, 2015 at 07:04 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Oct 8, 2015 at 09:37 AM
my thoshiba external 1 tb hard disk drive just going in loading, when I open my computer it going in not responding mode. right click doesnt show anything. no data shown for this drive
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Oct 7, 2015 at 10:40 AM
Hello vishal,

Can you hear the hard disk spinning inside of it when you switch on the case/device? It's interesting to know whether you have plugged your external drive to another PC with a different USB cable. Have you checked the power cable if the device has additional?
Also, I need to know what type of OS do you use. If it's Windows, can you please tell me, is your Toshiba being shown in Disk management? If it shows Unallocated space there, you have to assign a drive letter to it. Be careful because any formatting will erase your data stored on the drive.
You could enter into the BIOS menu to see if the external hard drive is being recognized there by the USB ports.

Hope that I helped you.
im using windows 7 and my hard disk shown with local drine H:.if data on hard disk lost I dont mind but I want my hard disk work again. I purchased it only month before.
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > vishal
Oct 8, 2015 at 09:37 AM
Hi again,

So I would recomend you to check your drive with a specific software for diagnostics of S.M.A.R.T. errors. The best thing would be to use the hard drive manufacturer's software.
You can also perform a hard drive check by opening the Command prompt console and enter the following command:
chkdsk H: /r
Then press Enter and wait for some time. If that doesn't help, well I guess, the last resort is to make full erase of your external hard drive no matter through Command promt/diskaprt or through the Disk management/delete volume.

Hope that I helped you. Please, keep me posted of what happened.