- Black screen with mouse arrow
- Windows 10 black screen with mouse pointer - How-To - Monitor
- Computer turns on, black screen, keyboard and mouse doesn't work ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Laptop frozen in black screen but i can control the mouse ✓ - Forum - Windows 8
- Black screen after windows loads with mouse ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Acer monitor black screen blue light - Forum - Laptop
I had the same issue, which is why I am posting here now. I looked everywhere and all suggestions did not fix it for me. I had a black screen with a cursor that I could move on the screen and nothing else. No hard drive activity, etc. After exausting all my options I decided to buy an adapter for my SATA drive, plug in into another computer and run the following command.... The drive letter has to be whatever the other computer gives for your drive....: start command prompt (cmd) and enter the following... CHKDSK D: /F ... this fixed my drive and brought it back to normal. To test your drive before you run the command above... enter D: at the command prompt to see if you get an error...