Black screen with mouse arrow

Closed
Bella - Jan 22, 2009 at 11:39 AM
 caboone - Dec 15, 2010 at 05:38 PM
Hello,
My laptop was working fine, 10 minutes before it bugged out.
I shut down normally
but 10 minutes later when i went to start it up
it went to the Safe Mode
Safe mode with ...
Safe mode with ...
then Start Normally.

I started normally..but it went to the black screen with the arrow.

I tried turning it off and restarting
and it keeps doing that.

I even tried taking out the battery, but no luck.

I'm worried.
Any help?

Bella
XO
Related:

2 responses

I had the same issue, which is why I am posting here now. I looked everywhere and all suggestions did not fix it for me. I had a black screen with a cursor that I could move on the screen and nothing else. No hard drive activity, etc. After exausting all my options I decided to buy an adapter for my SATA drive, plug in into another computer and run the following command.... The drive letter has to be whatever the other computer gives for your drive....: start command prompt (cmd) and enter the following... CHKDSK D: /F ... this fixed my drive and brought it back to normal. To test your drive before you run the command above... enter D: at the command prompt to see if you get an error...
HI i experienced a similar problem too when I BOUGHT MY SECOND LAPTROP IT COULD BE THAT UR WINDOW wndows is currupt what you have to do is this reinstall ur operating system again
how do i reinstall my operating system?
Sadie > ashleyy09
Oct 29, 2009 at 09:21 PM
Same thing happened to me. I put my computer on stand by. Brother came over and restarted the computer to a black screen with only the mouse arrow. I took it in for computer repair and he said I needed to reinstall Windows Operating System. To do this I put the operating system discs in the drive. It asks me for an administrative password. This is a computer I bought from a university sale so I have no idea what the Admin. password is. Anyone know what I should do to reinstall the OS?
LeKrizz > Sadie
Nov 10, 2009 at 03:38 PM
If you don't know the pw, you must delete your hard drive... put it in an other pc or give it to someone who could do it for you. whithout a system, you can't do this... then you can install your operating system again.

i'm not sure about my english. :P
press shift for 5 times.. then click connection line
just hit return. Typically the password isn't set.