Cannot access External HDD

Closed
Suri - Jan 22, 2009 at 09:55 AM
zerokilled Posts 9 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 22, 2009 - Jan 22, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Hello, when I connect my external HDD, the detection takes a very long time and when it does shows up on My Computer, it does not open. Even when I use the Search operaion, it cannot access the ext HDD. Even anti virus programs cannot access the HDD. Please help!
Related:

1 response

zerokilled Posts 9 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 22, 2009 1
Jan 22, 2009 at 11:49 AM
has you tried installing the hd driver? even if the external hd worked before without driver, try it. also, try to follow the instruction manual for installation. if non of this solve the problem, most likely the hd don't work anymore on that system. on my experience i has ran on this situation where one day my external hd work and suddenly it won't. perhaps it could be any modification on my system. after a reinstall of the OS still won't work. however, i install the hd on another system, and it work.

so, is hard to explain what is happening, but that crazy thing often happen. also, try replacing the cable that connect with the system (either usb, fire wire or any other). also, take into consideration the version of the interface connection. for example, USB 2.0