Insert boot disc

Closed
Todd - Jun 1, 2011 at 09:48 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 2, 2011 at 09:11 AM
Hello, i have an acer aspire one netbook that will not boot up. My wife droped it in the bath tub and it wouldn't even power up! However, I set it aside knowing it would never function again. Just the other day I was about to trash it but to my suprise it powered up but it will not boot up. The screen says check cable connection(i have my samsung fascinate hooked to it via usb to recharge my phone battery) it also says PXE-E63: error while initializing the NIC; PXE-M0F: exiting intel PXE ROM; no bootable disc -- insert boot disc and press any key. However, if I had the boot disc I would not be able to use it because this netbook doesn't have a cd or dvd drive. can the computer be restored? Or will it be cheaper to ourchase a new one ? Any az n dc all help will be greatly appreciated!

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 2, 2011 at 09:11 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
First make sure that your laptop is totally dry now.
Go to BIOS --> Load default settings --> Set the first boot device as hard disk --> Save the settings and exit from BIOS.
Good Luck