Laptop not connecting to wireless internet

Closed
DaylightMisery - Jun 9, 2011 at 09:42 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 9, 2011 at 11:12 AM
Hello,
A couple months ago my laptop just stopped connecting to the internet. All the other laptops in the house will connect just not mine. It will connect to other internet connections in other places. Like someone else's wireless connection, my schools, or my friends. The computer shows that my wireless connection is excellent, but I can't connect to the Internet. I have tried to reset the router and have even tried the Ethernet cable (which worked fine for a couple of weeks until it stopped connecting through that to) I've made sure that the proxy server box is unchecked. If you guys have any advice please tell me. My computer is a Microsoft Windows XP Version 2002.

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 9, 2011 at 11:12 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

1)Right click on "Internet Explorer" icon --->click on "Properties" ---> Click on

"Connections" tab--> Click on LAN settings button. In that window uncheck all

the options, if you notice any option selected--->Click on OK---> Click on OK.

If the problem still exists, go to step 2.

2) Make sure that IP address and DNS server was set to obtain the address

automatically .

Click on Start --> Run --> Type ncpa.cpl and press "Enter".

Right click on your Wireless Network icon ---> Select "Properties" ---> Scroll down

and double click on "Internet Protocol[TCP/IP]" . Make sure that

"Obtain IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically"

options are selected.

3) Click on Start --> Run --> Type --> devmgmt.msc and press "Enter". Type the

below command.

ipconfig /all ---> Press Enter.

Make sure that IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Servers

are having addresses.

4) Check your firewall. Try temporary disabling either the Firewall or Antivirus.

5) Try updating your network drivers.

Since other laptops are able to connect to the internet then compare the wireless

settings. Check the security key and the SSID.

Good Luck