PS3 black screen

Closed
Dan - Jun 9, 2011 at 01:50 PM
alexbrown044 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday March 22, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 22, 2012 - Mar 22, 2012 at 05:38 AM
Hello,

I have previously had problems with my PS3 and used the recovery strategy of holding down the power button when in standby. This resolved the situation but then informed me that the hard drive was corrupt and that I should restore system settings which I did. This corrected the problem for a while but now the problem has reoccurred. I once again tried holding down the power button when in standby and although this initially worked, during the next game the screen froze and after shutting it down and restarting the system I was then presented with a black screen. The green lights illuminate as normal and I have repeated the recovery strategy but his has not resolved the issue. Does this sound like the hard drive has failed and would replacing it correct the problem? If so which hard drive do I need to purchase? Any advice as to what to do next would be greatly appreciated.
Related:

1 response

alexbrown044 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday March 22, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 22, 2012
Mar 22, 2012 at 05:38 AM
You have monitor problem. don't think about your cpu because its all right .
frequently change your monitor and enjoy the gaming.