No audio device!!! please help!

Solved/Closed
Chulunz - Jun 15, 2011 at 11:38 AM
 Chulunz - Jun 17, 2011 at 12:26 AM
Hello,

I need your help guys! I just finished installing Windows XP SP2 last week, however I couldn't hear any sounds from my speakers since then. Under the control panel (Sound and Audio Device Properties), it's written "No Audio Device." I think I need to download an audio device, however I don't know which type of audio device is needed.

These are the following details about my computer:
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
3.00 GHz, 504 MB of RAM

Just tell me if you need more information... any help will be greatly appreciated!

Related:

3 responses

Anonymous User
Jun 15, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Hi,

Let me know your computer complete model number. For that, click on the below link and download the file:
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4993-cpu-z/

Extract it --> double-click on CPUZ ---> then click on "Mainboard" tab and let me know the Manufacturer , Model with rev number, Chipset & Southbridge and I'll be happy to give you a link to download your missing drivers.
Hi bionik

Manufacturer : ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Model : P5PE-VM (Rev 1.00)
Chipset : Intel i865P/PE/G/i848P
Southbridge : Intel 82801EB (ICH5)

Above are the informations that you asked me for... thank you for helping me so far!!! Really appreciated!
Anonymous User
Jun 16, 2011 at 02:03 PM
Hi,

I find your motherboard model from Asus official website. Please, click on the link below:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5PEVM/#download

Scroll the page down, choose "WinXP" in "O.S." and click on the "Download" tab. Expand "Others", download and install this chipset driver first.

Then, expand "Audio" and download your audio driver. Install it and see if you can hear sound from your speakers now.

Regards.
Hi bionik,

I'm so glad knowing that you were trying to help me out of this. And yes! It worked!!! Now, I can hear sounds from my speakers. Thank you for giving me a hand until this far.

Thank you so much!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!