Problems installing Windows

Closed
Nikky28 - Jan 19, 2008 at 07:20 AM
 Rahul - Jan 15, 2009 at 05:17 AM
Hey!

I recently upgraded some new hardware in my old computer, and now I need to reformat.

I put in the Windows disk and continue to boot from the CD. It goes to the blue Windows screen and looks like loading some stuff (at the bottom of the screen). It then gets to a screen where I have to click enter to continue.

But about 2 seconds after my computer shuts down...

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
Related:

6 responses

yogui7 Posts 132 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009 28
Feb 29, 2008 at 02:03 PM
Hey, don't worry girl because from my point of view, it is only a default somewhere and as you say, you just have to reformat and upgrade it once again... Try it a second time to see the result...

It is always a pleasure to help people..Give news about what happened thereafer!!
mrslash Posts 159 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 45
Mar 14, 2008 at 01:43 PM
Hi.. well suggesting u to Replug and Unplug ur hardwares... make a good clean out by the same time.. reformat it peacefully.. should be good.. cya
melana Posts 70 Registration date Tuesday March 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 10
Mar 14, 2008 at 02:11 PM
I think ur RAM arent sufficient enough to perform this operation, or u might have some bad sectors in the clusters of ur hard disk drive... U have to make some tests to make sure. Let know wat was the problem. I had this once, after a while it has gone OK =)
percy8 Posts 125 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2009 47
Mar 14, 2008 at 03:32 PM
Maybe the new hardware are in conflict with ur old mainboard.. its a fact..

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
he e he he first try to start ur pc check if the hardisk is detecting and the memory status.. he he he if not try to reboot again using cntrl alt del in one press so pc will start to reboot then if you pc start to reboot press F2 or if the bios not openign reboot again the try the DEL butoon many times if you ready entered in the bios check the drive if connected properly and you memory or reset the default setting in the exit menu ...then run you xp installer but make it sure ur installer working fine..ok he he he he
Access BIOS and load defaults and restart-
U will get a message diskett drive seeek failure so disable the diskett drive-
When you restart the computer press F12 once to access boot device menu
Press enter once on IDE cd or ONboard usb cd
Press enter once when you get the message press any key to boot form cd-
Should work-
If still is freezing on the setup screen
Disable- Network/Sound and change usb Emulation to No boot-