PLEASE!!!! Windows 7 administrator password

Solved/Closed
zobie6 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday June 29, 2011 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2011 - Jun 29, 2011 at 04:21 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 13, 2011 at 11:35 AM
Hello, ok i was on my laptop this morning and everything was cool although i did use something ive never used before, well later i tried to logged onto my administrators account and it said it could not load, but i could log onto my users account, ive tried everything from trying to switch it to safe mode, and ive even went to start>right click computer>Management> and everytime i try to change something, it asks for the administrators password and ill type it in, but it will always say ' Windows cannot find', make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again'. . . i wonder if it has something to do with the password, or something ive downloaded? i swear! its the right password ive been using for 7 months now!!. .and im scared because ive had this laptop for 7 years now and still have failed to make a reboot CD. . . .can anyone please help, i have files that i really need!! please help ) ;

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 10, 2011 at 08:23 PM
Okay so, you can log in using other accounts?

- Are these other accounts administrators?

Go to start > run > type "cmd" and press OK

this will bring up a black box.

type "net user" and press OK

this will list the users on the PC

If you see your user which youve "lost" in there great.

**NOTE if you're not an administrator on the other accounts this wont work.

find Command Prompt from Start > All programs > Accessories

Right click on command prompt and select Run As Administrator.

then type "net user yourusername whateveryouwantyourpasswordtoresetto" (without " " )

the command will look for example:

net user kieferschild frog

(this means my username (kieferschild) will reset its password to frog)

and hit enter

if this fails, you can try doing a system restore.

go to Start > all programs > accessories > system tools > system restore

From here, restore your laptop to a time you know it was all working.

It's possible your PC is infected.

Let me know how you get on this far.

Daddy, what does FORMATTING DRIVE C mean?
GM Madman Posts 85 Registration date Friday June 10, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2012 2
Jul 12, 2011 at 08:14 PM
But admins account are better!
Blocked Profile
Jul 13, 2011 at 11:35 AM
by default, the administrator account is disabled in windows 7 and vista. you have to enable these. To do so you need to have an administrators account.