Printing excel sheet with jumbled columns

Solved/Closed
suryam - Jul 8, 2011 at 04:23 PM
 suryam - Jul 11, 2011 at 03:09 AM
Hello,
Dear all, I have a typical question.
I have a work sheet in excel 2007 with some headers in columns from C8 to N8
the columns C to F have text data and the columns G to N have numerical values. I will manually enter the numerical values from G to J....rest will be generated by using formulas based on G to J , some of them are inter connected with other columns.
now my question is I want to print my worksheet with the selected columns in the following way in jumbled order..
C to F and N, S, I, H, L , M (or in any order that we wish to print )
In my print out the all these columns should be printed as if they are arranged in that way. is there any method or MACRO to achieve this task?

I need your valuable help.
thanks
suryam

Related:

2 responses

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Jul 9, 2011 at 08:24 PM
I dont think it is possible via any simple way. Alternative would be via macro or manually, you copy the columns in the order you want to print them
dear rizvisa1, thanks for your speedy reply. I GOT THE SOLUTION FOR THIS.
You have mentioned that by "macro" we might get it done..so I tried "macro recording" to get it done. I would like to share that with you so that our friends can be benefited out of it

Procedure I have followed is as follows:
1) Turn on the Macro recorder
2) Copy the columns you want in the order you want to a second sheet until they are correctly displayed
3) Print the new sheet
4) Clear the copied data and return to the original sheet
5) Turn off the macro recorder.
Now, you have a macro that does what you want, reuse as needed.

thanks for your cooperation and help
bye suryam