Password issues

Solved/Closed
lynn - Aug 6, 2011 at 08:11 AM
 Anonymous User - Aug 6, 2011 at 08:27 AM
Hello, I bought my acer aspire one zg5 model netbook from a friend and needless to say did not come with a owners manuel so I'm at a total loss when it comes to the specifics with my netbook. Since I take my netbook EVERYWHERE with me I figured that it would be smart to put a password on it in case it were to get stolen no one would be able to access my personal information. But after I went into the bios and put the password in place the system said it had to restart in order to set the password, but upon restarting i get a little blue box that asks for the password and when i entered my password three times it said SYSTEM HALTED and then I went on-line to find out what happened and I learned that this particular version of netbooks by Acer has a glitch that if you put a password on it upon restarting the systyem erases the password you entered and replaces it with one that it generates itself. 1) Is this true? 2) how do i get my netbook to work again? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

1 response

Anonymous User
Aug 6, 2011 at 08:27 AM
Hello,

We are terribly sorry but Kioskea cannot help you to recover a password, because you can't prove to anybody on this forum that you are the real owner.

The reasons are explained in this link:

https://ccm.net/faq/9201-why-ccm-doesn-t-recover-lost-passwords#topedit

You should contact Acer Support to see what they can do for you.

Best Regards!