Windows updates

Solved/Closed
malteser1 Posts 46 Registration date Thursday November 11, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen September 19, 2013 - Aug 9, 2011 at 10:45 AM
malteser1 Posts 46 Registration date Thursday November 11, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen September 19, 2013 - Aug 11, 2011 at 10:13 AM
Hello,
an icon on the taskbar near the clock is asking me to install updates. when i click installing startes. after it is done successfully the icon still appars and o. On windows uipdate site, when i click on history it shows that updates are done and my computer is upto date. Still if i reboot the icon apears. Any idea why it remains there please?

Also my mcafee antivirus is blocking and deletes some viruses every now and then... I tried to make my pc on a system restore de, n y restore. Any help pls?

Thanks

Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
Aug 9, 2011 at 02:18 PM
Option 1:

Stop and start windows update service whenever needed to remove the annoying restart prompt

1.Click Start > Run (Win + R) to open the Run window.

Type cmd and window pops up,type this command

net stop wuauserv

this will stop update service and you can enable it whenever needed

using this command

net start wuauserv

Option 2

1.Click Start > Run (Win + R) to open the Run window.

2.In the Run window type gpedit.msc to open the Group Policy.

3.On the left pane, Click Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update.

4.On the right pane, double click on "Re-prompt for restart with scheduled installations".

5.Now you can either choose Disabled to disable the restart prompt completely or choose Enabled and change the amount of time windows will wait to re-prompt you for restarting (the default value is 10 minutes), you can enter the value that you prefer (in minutes)
malteser1 Posts 46 Registration date Thursday November 11, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen September 19, 2013
Aug 11, 2011 at 10:13 AM
thanks for your help. it worked!