My system getting restarted...

Solved/Closed
pritha - Aug 10, 2011 at 11:23 PM
 Anonymous User - Aug 18, 2011 at 12:27 AM
Hello,
my system gets restarted again and when the windows logo appears with a message that the system is saving files due to power failure. this continues in all the mode of opening.. can any one tell me what the problem was.. i have checked the boot up with Obuntu OS and this boots up very good... plza help me

7 responses

Anonymous User
Aug 11, 2011 at 06:10 AM
Hi,

The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts.

Boot into advanced startup options and Disable automatic restart on system failure.

This prevents Windows from automatically restarting if an error causes Windows to fail. Choose this option only if Windows is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, attempts to restart, and fails again repeatedly.

Once you've disabled automatic restart, you would be able to view the exact error message. Make a note of it and let us know the exact error message.

Try booting into "Last Known Good Configuration" mode and check if you're able to.
hi <bionik>,
thanks for ur reply. my system shows that some error has happened due to any software or hardware failure. But i have not installed any new.. this is the error message i got in the error screen.

//
A problem has been detected and windows has been shutu down to prevent damage to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this is the first time you have seen this error screen, restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

check to make sure any new h/w or s/w is properly installed. if this is a new installation, ask your h/w or s/w manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory optios such as coching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advenced start up options, and thenselect safe mode.

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x8A694900, 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
//
so what should i do to recover this.. i think one of my boot up file got corrupted and i need to repair my OS.. Will that be enough...
Anonymous User
Aug 13, 2011 at 01:01 AM
Hello,

You need a Windows XP installation CD to execute the following fix:

1. Start your pc with the XP installation CD, wait for first screen of the installation of XP appears and press "R",

2. The command prompt will appear, type the following commands:
"chkdsk /p" (without quotes) and press ENTER.

3. When he finished, type "fixboot" and then answers Yes.

4. After typing "exit" to exit, restart the PC to see the result.

If this does not solve your problem see if the bios, the first device on the "boot sequence" is on HDD.

Alternatively, try with another IDE cable.

Good Luck!
If you don't know where you go, get back where you come.......
really, thank u.... i am happy i got my system back.. this really helped.. and i have also formatted my entire system again taking all my files a back up..

but my sadness now arised.. i installed my drivers for my audio.. and some softwares too like nero..

my USB port is not detecting the devices now.. yesterday night it was quite good before i installed these softwares.. what should i do to rectify it

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Anonymous User
Aug 17, 2011 at 07:33 AM
hi Pritha,

Happy to know that your problem is solved.

Regarding your USB port, you told me that you format your disc, now make sure to install all the drivers of your computer and the USB consequently.

You can find these drivers to the computer brand name official website or you let me know it and I give you a link.

Regards!
s i wud like to know the web site.. but unfortunately my net also not connecting in my system after the installation of audio drives... before i install my audio drives there was no problem... plz let me know wht i shud do..
my system is windows xp sp2 with asus mother board..
Anonymous User
Aug 18, 2011 at 12:27 AM
Hi Pritha,

Click on the below link and download the file:
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4993-cpu-z/
Extract it --> double-click on CPUZ ---> then click on "Mainboard" tab and let me know the Manufacturer , Model with rev number, Chipset & Southbridge and I'll give you a link to download your missing drivers.