Black screen and default monitor problem

Closed
Viv - Aug 13, 2011 at 11:18 AM
 biko - Aug 14, 2011 at 05:33 PM
Hello,
Hi how are you? I have an HP Pavilion laptop with Windows Vista on it. Over a month ago the monitor stopped working on my laptop. I connected my desktop monitor to it and it worked great. I assumed there was a hardware issue with broken wires or something. Last night I let the computer do it's usual vista update. When I turned the laptop on this morning, the laptop monitor was working again. I was shocked but very happy. I had to do some errands and closed down the laptop lid until I returned. When I got home. The laptop screen was lit up but all black. I had to plug the external monitor in again to see anything. I did some searching online and they said to try alt+F5 so I did and the laptop monitor went darker (unlit). The laptop is still seeing the external monitor as the primary monitor. How do I switch the primary monitor to my laptop, and how do I get my monitor screen to work again? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

Related:

1 response

hi
i have the same proplem as you , but i found a solution , its not perfect but it helps till i find the final soultion , connect the external lcd to your pc , use the dual mode(the external lcd+ the laptop lcd) using alt+f5 , you will see the external lcd works , but laptop's one is black , now restart your pc and it must work