Dell

Closed
sam - Aug 15, 2011 at 05:30 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 15, 2011 at 05:46 PM
Hello, my name is sam my dell inspiron goes to screen that gives opt. of begin startup and recovery ,or start windows normally.i have done both ,when i go to start windows norm. it just keeps going on and back off again, when i go to begin startup and recovery it says loading files ,loads them , but then all i get is black screen with the mouse cursor on it.? ive let it sit that way for as much as 3 hrs. and nothing? it wont even let me reload windows on it?

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 15, 2011 at 05:46 PM
You probably need a new hard drive. One way to test it is to use a bootable Linux CD. Download Ubuntu Linux and burn it to a CD. Then Use F8 to change the boot sequence to the CD drive. Then select the option to run from the CD drive. ((( do not install Linux on the hard drive))). If Linux runs OK then you have confirmed that the hard drive is the problem. If you buy a new drive from Dell it will probably come with all the files needed to reinstall Windows.

Good Luck