Please help me with my IBM ThinkPad A21e

Closed
azra94 Posts 3 Registration date Saturday May 28, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 24, 2011 - Aug 24, 2011 at 10:20 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Aug 24, 2011 at 04:20 PM
Hello, people
I got an old IBM ThinkPad A21e with a problem that i need help. I know you all would suggest me to something better but I have a reason my dad said if I fix it he would give me his new one.
The Syptoms: Won't turn on, no fan, just a click and orange blinking light

I plug in the AC adapter which gives a blinking orange light all time Non-Stop and I try to Turn it ON all I hear is a click and the light Turns off and get back on after 5 seconds doing the same thing blinking orange light.
I tried to un-plugg the battery and try to turn it on with AC adapter I hear a little click and a light than I can barely even notice it.
With these 2 solutions I didnt have luck.
I would love to get response to what you think i should do.
Thank You!!! Have a nice day!!!

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 24, 2011 at 04:20 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Remove the battery from the laptop and then try connecting an external monitor

to your laptop. Check if you are able to get display in the external monitor.

Just look for the VGA connector ( there will be a monitor symbol ) in your laptop

and connect it to the external monitor then switch ON your laptop by using

AC Power Adapter.

Note : If you failed to get the display in external monitor, then use the proper

combination keys(like Fn+F5/ the function key that's having the monitor symbol

on it) to toggle between your laptop screen and the external monitor.

If you still failed to get any display then remove the RAM from the slot, clean it

and place it back properly or try another slot.

Good Luck