Computer won't boot / display gets no signal.

Closed
helpmeh Posts 2 Registration date Sunday September 4, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2011 - Sep 4, 2011 at 01:53 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Sep 5, 2011 at 01:32 PM
So I tried to turn on my computer after few months it was unplugged from electricity, and it won't boot. So first I thought the problem is caused by video card, so I swaped it, but nothing happend. Then I removed my RAM's and left only one, and then changed it for other RAM's, and also nothing happend. After that I removed all the parts and checked whether there are no defects on the motherboard, and I didn't find. Then i tried to restart the CMO's as I saw it in one of the instruction videos. At this point I got a little bit confused, because in the video there were only 3 pins but my motherboard had twice as much with also two pins, so i removed them together, and did it as in the video were shown. And still nothing happend. And the last action I made was I unplugged the computer from electricity, pressed the ON button for 30 - 60 seconds, and then plugged it back and tried to boot it with no success.

Please help me! I don't know what to do!
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 4, 2011 at 07:12 PM
It sounds like you tried to reset the BIOS using the jumpers on the motherboard. I doubt you were using the correct headers. The same result can be had by removing the CMOS battery.
It could be that the CMOS button battery is dead after the PC was unplugged for months. The computer was probably moved and stored for those few months. Many computers fail to start after being moved. This is often the result of loose connections to the motherboard and/or hard disk.

Good Luck
helpmeh Posts 2 Registration date Sunday September 4, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2011
Sep 5, 2011 at 07:49 AM
Probably I just need to change the CMOS battery?
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 5, 2011 at 01:32 PM
Maybe a replacement battery will work.