HDD and DVD-ROM not working

Closed
eet_fuk - Jan 27, 2009 at 08:33 AM
DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010 - Jan 28, 2009 at 09:17 AM
Hello,
I got the new dvd-rom and I wanted to change it. So I removed the old one and connected the new rom. (I have two HDD). When I start windows, the computer doesn't show my second hard disc C: ant the dvd-rom isnt responding. The tray opens but it doesn't start the dvd's or cd's. What should I do? please help, thank you
Related:

1 response

DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010
Jan 27, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Take your old Dvd-Rom and look at it at the rear side where the cables connect.

Notice that there is a jumper which configures the drive to work as :
MASTER
SLAVE
CABLE SELECT

Dn't worry if you don't understand their meaning. Just see its position and set the new drive's jumper in the same position and connect the cables back.

Now all your drives should work properly unless you have not changed the cables' original connection to the drives.
ok, I did that. I put it on 'slave' like it was on my old dvd rom. but then when loading computer error occured: biosinfo.inf file missing or something.
and still doesn't work
DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010 > eet_fuk
Jan 28, 2009 at 09:17 AM
You will have to enter your motherboard's BIOS.

Under ADVANCED OPTIONS,
Select Boot Sequence / Boot Priority
Change the Hard Disk Boot Priority, that is change it to the one (*You have two hard disks, their name can be identical or it may not be identical also, however you should change it to the other one) that is not selected to Boot from.

save Changes & Exit.

Type Y for YES.

Your system should boot properly now.