I can't open partition D

Solved/Closed
raoul^^ Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 26, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 27, 2009 - Jan 27, 2009 at 11:33 AM
 Hulk92x - Nov 12, 2016 at 12:30 PM
Hello,

Please can somebady help me,
I have 2 partitions: C:\ D:\,
with partiton C is OK, but when I try to open partition D, it shows message:

Choose the program you want to use to open this file:

File: D:\

I'm waitting for any help
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Jan 27, 2009 at 07:00 PM
Virus trouble ??

Sometimes it happens in windows XP that you are not able to open drives on your hard disk. When you double click on the drives icons or right click on the drive and choose "explore" in My computer the drive does not open.

This problem is generally caused by some of the viruses which can infect your Windows XP system. They block or restrict your access to any of the drives.

But don't worry this is not a big trouble it can be fixed easily. But this does NOT fix the underlying Virus problem.

Fix:

Normally when a virus infects a windows system which causes a drive opening problem, it automatically creates a file named autorun.inf in the root directory of each drive.

This autorun.inf file is a read only ,hidden and a system file and the folder option is also disabled by the virus. This is deliberately done by the virus in order to protect itself. autorun.inf initiates all the activities that the virus performs when you try to open a drive.

You have to just delete this file and restart your system to correct this problem.

Follow the set of commands below to show and delete the autorun.inf

1. Go to Start>>Run and type cmd and press enter. This will open a command prompt window.
In this command prompt window type the following steps.

2. type cd\

3. type d:

(you can cut and paste the next command since spacing is important)
4. type attrib -r -h -s autorun.inf (If it returns autorun.inf not found then this is NOT your problem)

5. type del autorun.inf

Restart your system and your troubles should be fixed.
Well done... thanx.
it's work..thanks a lot xpacman :)
OK it appears I have this problem but when I type 'del autorun.inf'
"The process cannot access the file because it is being by another process " shows up.
Help ... SOS ... -_-
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Mar 1, 2014 at 02:21 PM
You might try booting the computer into "Safe Mode" and try the procedure from there.

Good Luck