Walpaper is not showing my icons?? Need help

Closed
Gabby - Sep 14, 2011 at 12:03 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 14, 2011 at 04:04 PM
Hello,

I use Firefox on daughters computer. I recently updated with windows update. cleaned up disk all that stuff to make the computer work faster. Well after all this I can manage to get on computer using the task manager but how do I get the icons on computer to work? All I see is that wall paper looking pretty. Do I go back to internet explorer again and download that? Please help! Anybody!!!

>
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Sep 14, 2011 at 04:04 PM
Please follow these steps to get your icons back:

reboot your computer in the Safe mode with command prompt.

Once Windows loaded, command prompt (black window) opens. Type notepad and press Enter.

A notepad window opens. Type the following text into notepad:

[Version]
Signature="$Chicago$"
Provider=Myantispyware.com

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=regsec

[regsec]
HKCU, Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System,DisableRegistryTools,0x00000020,0
HKLM, Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon,Shell,0x00000020,"Explorer.exe"

Save this as fix.inf to your Desktop (remember to select Save as file type: All files in Notepad). Close Notepad.

In the command prompt type Explorer.exe and Press Enter. Windows Explorer opens. Locate the fix.inf, click right button and select Install. Close Windows Explorer.

In the command prompt type shutdown -r and press Enter. Your computer will be rebooted.
Anonymous User
Sep 14, 2011 at 12:09 PM
Open your task manager

Go to

File-New task ,Now type this

explorer

This should bring your desktop back
did not work. It said Windows cannot find explorer. etc.. I did remover firefox and upgrade to internet explorer 8 before you answered this question. I remember allowing windows to update and scan for malware. Wondering if doing that made my computer to do thi
Anonymous User
Sep 14, 2011 at 02:40 PM
Now type this in

File-new task

C:

Can you enter C drive? Try to launch any EXE files and let us know if you succeed
I can go on the internet using an exe file but my icons are still not on my wallpaper.