Anitspyware 2008 messed up my computer...bad

Closed
hyeyaejin Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 27, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 27, 2009 - Jan 27, 2009 at 08:15 PM
 ignys - Jan 29, 2009 at 08:45 AM
Can anyone help me?

I was browsing the internet with Google Chrome in a website I visit daily when a message popped up saying along the lines, "This webpage may be infected." Usually, I immediately either close the site or click the "Back" arrow, but for some reason I fumbled and the message stayed there for a few seconds before returning to the original webpage.

When I closed the webpage, the Antispyware thing popped up and said "YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED WITH *this many* FILES!!!" And underneath the message gave the options "click to activate antispyware 2008" or "leave computer unprotected". I keep clicking "leave computer unprotected", but it still kept popping up, no matter how many I close. Everything in my computer stopped working, as if to keep that message popping up. I finally forcefully shut down the computer by holding the power button.

When I turned the computer back on the desktop would appear and the icons would show and everything, as if normal. But then after a few seconds the same message would pop up. Then after a few more seconds, the screen would black out, then turn all blue with a message that basically said "Go to Safe Mode and delete all infected files from there."

So I turned off the computer, turned it back on, and logged on to Safe Mode w/Networking. I tried running Spybot there, but it wouldn't work. I tried going onto the internet for more help, but it wouldn't work. So basically, my computer won't work and I don't know how to fix it with Safe Mode thanks to Anitspyware 2008. Right now I have to use another computer, which is why I can type this text right now.

Does anyone know what's wrong with it? Can anyone tell me at least how to gain access to the internet so that I can download anti-malware or any other program that might get rid of this? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to resort to buying a new computer and installing everything from scratch again, especially since this particular computer has all of my stuff in it.

Thank you very much.
Related:

3 responses

I have a friend that had the same problem...apparently you can download a program called mailerater or something like that...boot up in safe-mode and it should wipe it out...but just so you know my computer guy said there is already an antispyware 2009 floating around...wow these things happen quickly...sorry i don't know the exact website address but my friend had the disc on him...apparently its pretty popular :)
hyeyaejin Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 27, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 27, 2009
Jan 27, 2009 at 10:09 PM
Thank you very much.
Antispyware 2008 is a fake spyware program. it is itself a rogue spyware infact. Antispyware 2008 is a duplicate from the author of ANTIVIRUS 2009 fake program.
Antivirus 2009 is an unwanted program, from the authors of Antivirus 2008 . (it has many clones like antivirus 2010, antivirus 360, virus responselab 2009, ultimate antivirus etc). These applications have resembling interface and "features". After stealth installation, Antivirus 2009 will show tonns of fake spyware\adware detection messages and offers to remove reported threats (after you purchase commercial version). But in real Antivirus 2009 is not a spyware cleaner, it's just an imitation of spyware remover. Antivirus 2009 can also slow your computer and cause system errors and crashes. Remove Antivirus 2009 using manual removal instructions (for advanced users) or removal tool. use manual removal guide
http://remove-fake-antivirus2009.flesh9.com
Hi,

AntiSpyware 2008 is corrupt anti spyware tool. It is widely promoted as a security application, but it is nothing more than a scam. No doubts it must be removed as soon as possible. Removal instructions can be found here: http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-antispyware-2008.html