Flash drive virus.

Closed
Mark - Sep 21, 2011 at 12:52 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 21, 2011 at 05:34 AM
Hello, what if I am using a free virus protection from Avast can I still fix this flash drive virus problem. It is driving me right around the bend please help.

Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
Sep 21, 2011 at 02:06 AM
Need more details.

There are different virus that spreads through flash drive

Scan your PC with malwarebytes

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Let us know the actual issue
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Sep 21, 2011 at 05:34 AM
Hello,

With all due respect for Sundar's suggestion, in case of a flash drive I recommend USB Fix.

USB Fix will delete infections on all removable devices, repair damaged security functions, such as registry access, task manager, hidden files and vaccinate your device against future infections.

1. Download

http://www.teamxscript.org/usbfixTelechargement.html

Once on your desktop, double click the installation icon, a window will appear, uncheck all items that are checked because they are not necessary.

2. Using Win 7 you must deactivate the user account control

3. Plug in your pen and all other removal devices susceptible of infection.

4. Double click on the USB Fix icon (Looks like a seringe.)

5. Click on the deletion button and leave the tool work. The start menu and desktop icons will dissapear, don't be alarmed, it's perfectly normal

If a message asks you to reboot, please proceed. Upon rebooting the tool will continue to work.

When finished a log will open with a report on the work done.

Good luck

P.S. The log will be saved in C root
Deleted files are stored in C:\UsbFix\Quarantine .
Your drive will also be vaccinated against future infections by creating autorun.inf (vaccination)

Good luck