Acer Crashing and screen going 1 colour Help!

Closed
Goldenhawk - Sep 26, 2011 at 04:27 PM
 Goldenhawk - Sep 27, 2011 at 03:10 PM
Hello,

My Acer desktop is crashing whenever I start to play a game and run a lot of things. Mainly just when I play a game. When it crashes, the screen goes 1 colour and the colour switches every time, sometimes white, black, olive. I also Get an error message reading that Sshnas21.dll cannot open or something along those lines. If anyone could help me please let me know.
Thanks

Related:

5 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 26, 2011 at 05:10 PM
sshnas.dll or sshnas21.dll is a component of a trojan FakeAlert. The trojan comes from malicious websites that ask users to download an Adobe Flash Player update or player needed to view a movie online. The filename of the trojan is flash-HQ-plugin. Once started, the trojan will download and install core components: c.exe, msa.exe and sshnas.dll (sshnas21.dll). When downloaded, it will be configured to start automatically when Windows starts. Trojan FakeAlert may display many popups and fake security alerts, hijack Internet Explorer, disable Windows Task Manager and Registry editor.Also it is usually installed in conjunction with a rogue antispyware programs.

If your computer is infected, then download and use Malwarebytes to remove the infection.

Good Luck
Is this why my computer is crashing?
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 26, 2011 at 05:15 PM
probably
Does anyone else have any other solutions?
Anonymous User
Sep 27, 2011 at 09:19 AM
Why can't you try this removal steps

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-286191-error-loading-c-windows-system32-sshnas21-dl

Let us know if this worked

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I did this and the program stopped working and froze my screen completely only showing my start up screen. So all in all this did not work