Error loading C:\Windows\system32\sshnas21.dl

Solved/Closed
sanz - Mar 15, 2010 at 01:22 AM
 r3vi3 - Oct 7, 2010 at 12:26 AM
Hello,
when i start my system i am getting an error window showing that

RunDLL
Error loading C:\Windows\system32\sshnas21.dll

The specified module could not be found.

please tell me solution for solving the above defult

with redards
Sanz..:)

12 responses

How to remove sshnas.dll or sshnas21.dll trojan (Remove trojan FakeAlert)
sshnas.dll or sshnas21.dll is a component of trojan FakeAlert. The trojan come from malicious websites that ask users to download an Adobe Flash Player update or player needed to view a movie online. The filename of the trojan is flash-HQ-plugin. Once started, the trojan will download and install core components: c.exe, msa.exe and sshnas.dll (sshnas21.dll). When downloaded, it will be configured to start automatically when Windows starts. Trojan FakeAlert may display many popups and fake security alerts, hijack Internet Explorer, disable Windows Task Manager and Registry editor.Also it is usually installed in conjunction with a rogue antispyware programs.

If your computer is infected, then use these removal instructions below, which will remove sshnas.dll (sshnas21.dll) trojan and other components of trojan FakeAlert for free.

Symptoms in a HijackThis Log
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Videohost] C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\c.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SSHNAS] rundll32.exe C:\Windows\system32\sshnas.dll,DllWork
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LosAlamos] rundll32.exe C:\Windows\system32\sshnas.dll,AddConsoleAliasAW
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LosAlamos] rundll32.exe C:\Windows\system32\sshnas21.dll,AllocConsoleA
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Halo2] rundll32.exe C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\sshnas21.dll,GetMainWnd

Use the following instructions to remove sshnas.dll (sshnas21.dll) trojan and other components of trojan FakeAlert

Step 1.

Please download OTM by OldTimer
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/402-otm-oldtimers-move-it/ and save it to desktop.

Run OTM. Copy, then paste the following text in "Paste Instructions for Items to be Moved" window (under the yellow bar):

:services
SSHNAS

:reg
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Videohost"=-
"SSHNAS"=-
"LosAlamos"=-
"Halo2"=-

:files
%windir%\msa.exe
%windir%\system32\sshnas.dll
%windir%\system32\sshnas21.dll
%windir%\Tasks\{66BA574B-1E11-49b8-909C-8CC9E0E8E015}.job
%windir%\Tasks\{35DC3473-A719-4d14-B7C1-FD326CA84A0C}.job

:Commands
[emptytemp]
[Reboot]

Click the red Moveit! button. When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

Step 2.

Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM)

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Once downloaded, close all programs and windows on your computer.

Double-click on the icon on your desktop named mbam-setup.exe. This will start the installation of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your computer. When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure a checkmark is placed next to "Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" and Launch "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware". Then click Finish.

MalwareBytes Anti-malware will now automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

As MalwareBytes Anti-malware will automatically update itself after the install, you can press the OK button to close that box and you will now be at the main menu. You will see window similar to the one below.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Window
Make sure the "Perform quick scan" option is selected and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.

When the scan is finished a message box will appear that it has completed scanning successfully. Click OK. Now click "Show Results". You will see a list of infected items similar as shown below.
Note: list of infected items may be different than what is shown in the image below.

Malwarebytes Anti-malware, list of infected items
Make sure all entries have a checkmark at their far left and click "Remove Selected" button. MalwareBytes Anti-malware will now remove all of associated Trojan FakeAlert files and registry keys and add them to the programs' quarantine. When MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished removing the infection, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
Your solution worked perfectly the first time I tried it. My antivirus was of no use, not even for detection, neither the guys of another major program: when asked for a workaround to remove the item they could only grant an empty talk.

Thank you very very much.
this really helps!
Can the program OTM Affect My Computer or not Because the first time i did that it created a lot of files on my computer????
The Only thing I Can Say you Is You Are The best Man Nice Work Ty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
worked @ my computer...tx a lot...
I ran CCleaner (free) and Uniblue Registry Cleaner (paid) on my computer then re-booted. Worked first time, although not sure which one did the job. Suggest you try CCleaner free before paying for a programme.
just use 2 free programs first one superantispyware ,update it and scan and then when u restart ,u get window telling the sshnas21.dll cant start close that and use ccleaner freeware to remove that by scaning reg ,that the hole thing ,i finally fix it
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Mar 15, 2010 at 07:32 AM
Hi there,

To solve this issue you will have to make a system repair,its done by booting from windows installation cd and select repair,of you need instructions you can refer to Faq :

https://ccm.net/faq/516-repairing-windows-xp-using-cd-installation

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
p/s install for my laptop c;\windows\system32\sshnas21.dll is missing
whenever i open my computer the message that

C:\Windows\system32\sshnas21.dll is displayed what does this means
and how would i get rid of it
Works perfectly. Many thanks
I download the OTM but, If i Run the OTM it says "OTM has stopped working" i run it as Administrator. help please.

What can i do?

im using Windows Vista 64bit.

please help me thanks!
C:\Windows\system32\sshnas21.dll is part of a trojan FakeAlert.

For more information:
https://www.myantispyware.com/2009/12/02/how-to-remove-sshnas-dll-trojan-remove-trojan-fakealert/
The fact that it can't be found might actually be a good thing, although a nuisance. I take it you just click the OK button and your system runs right after that?

You may be able to get rid of the useless message by going into msconfig and keeping the file from trying to start up. Here's how:

1. Click on the Start->Run menu item.
2. In the Run text box, type in msconfig, then press Enter.
3. In MsConfig, click the Startup tab.
4. See if there's an entry for that filename. If there is, clear the checkbox next to its name. Note: Windows Vista even has a column that can show the entire command the program was called up with. To display it, click View->Select Columns and check the Command Line checkbox, then click OK.
5. Click OK.
6. Accept the reboot option.

Hopefully, the message won't come up on the next reboot. You will, however, get a message about your configuration having changed. In fact, if you just click OK, you'll get this message after every reboot, however, if you click the checkbox before clicking OK, the message won't come up again unless and until you make another msconfig change.

Note that, if need be, any such changes can be reversed the same way they were made: The entries are not deleted, just deactivated.

Good luck.
thx very much..
it's work :)
rockingharsha
Aug 23, 2010 at 10:26 PM
go to google search and type your problem
great dude.. i felt the power of cure when ur way have cured my laptop from this ssnah21.dll...thanks a lot... but still the task manager window is altered (it has lost the bar containing minimise,maximse,close symbols..!!! how can i fix ?