Keyboard problem with lap top

Closed
bharat - Jan 28, 2009 at 05:00 AM
eviewcam Posts 12 Registration date Tuesday October 14, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 2, 2009 - Jan 29, 2009 at 02:15 AM
Hello,
Dear Sir

I am having the problem with my key board, every 15 minutes i have to restart the ms excel 2007. Whenever i am typing any key say for example. If i am typing character as "a" its typing "c" another example is if i am saving any file, than command of open the file appears.

Kindly note that it happens only in ms excel 2007 only and in rest of the programmes i am able to type the character properly. I have re-installed the MS excel 2007 but still the rest was not positive. The same thing is happening.

Kindly provide me the solution.

regards
Bharat
Related:

1 response

eviewcam Posts 12 Registration date Tuesday October 14, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 2, 2009 3
Jan 29, 2009 at 02:15 AM
Hello,

First of all I will ask you if you have the official and licensed version of Office 2007? If this is not the case it might be the source of your problems and not the keyboard.

If you have the official version then it might have been corrupted from the Windows folder itself. Try running a virus scan from the Windows directory to if this is not affecting the keyboard features only for this program.

You can also try to troubleshoot the keyboard by the following procedures:
Remove the device from it's actual plug in and use the Start menu to open the Device Manager in the listed Program feature menu. Check that the keyboard device is present in the list and that it is functionning effectively. If not unistall it.

If you are using XP, then select the run command and enter devmgmt.msc before clicking OK. use your right click and choose Uninstall.

Restart your computer and then go to http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=MK to download the driver for the keyboard again.