- Old laptop hdd wont function as external
- Broken laptop screen boot straight to external monitor windows 10 ✓ - Forum - Monitor
- Laptop keyboard not working but external keyboard works - Guide
- Toshiba laptop hdd/ssd password ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Lenovo laptop hdd not detected ✓ - Forum - Windows
- Broken laptop screen boot straight to external monitor windows 7 ✓ - Forum - Monitor
Thats a good one @Nautic. That WD is a solid hdd. What brand is the enclosure? Perhaps its not the hdd, but the enclosure itself. We have had clean power incidents in the past with ex hdd enclosures. Have you attempted to try another enclosure from the other hard drives? The ticking sound sounds scary, so we'll leave that conclusion for a rainy day since its still working internally. Try laying the hard drive in a secure position until you find one that eliminates the "spinning noise". Its obviously working when its plugged in via internal.