Removing a Virus from a usb device.

Closed
Trax333333 - Oct 23, 2011 at 09:21 AM
juju666 Posts 35446 Registration date Wednesday December 17, 2008 Status Security contributor Last seen April 21, 2024 - Oct 25, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Hi I recently got a virus and used a portable hard-drive to transfer Hijack this from a spare computer to my infected computer as the virus had deleted it. It did not work as the virus just closed any attempt to delete it such as regedit or any form of anti-virus. I ended up just formatting my PC but now... my 2tb portable hard drive may possibly be infected, I do not want to plug it in as it may spread the virus back to my computer again... is there any way to plug it in but block it from doing anything so I can format the drive but be safe about it? thanks in advance!

Oh yeah, I am using windows XP OS
Related:

1 response

juju666 Posts 35446 Registration date Wednesday December 17, 2008 Status Security contributor Last seen April 21, 2024
Oct 25, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Hello,

▶ Download here : USBFIX on your desktop

branch allyour external devices unopened (MP3, MP4, USB key, external hard drive, phone, ...)

/ \ Disable temporarily and only time the use of UsbFix, the real-time protection of your Antivirus and your anti-spyware, which may impede significantly the search procedure and cleaning tool.

if you have XP => double click
if you have Vista or Windows 7 => right click "run as ...."

UsbFix icon located on your desktop.

▶ choose the option <gras>Remove

▶ UsbFix scan your pc, let the tool work.

▶ Then post the UsbFix.txt that will appear with the desktop.

▶ Note : The report UsbFix.txt is saved to the root of the disk. (C: \ UsbFix.txt)

(CTRL + A to select all, CTRL + C to copy and CTRL + V to paste)