Monitor Won't Cut On.

Closed
PLEASEhelp! - Oct 23, 2011 at 08:47 PM
 PLEASEhelp! - Oct 25, 2011 at 08:45 PM
Hello,

First HELP Question: I have a DELL monitor and when I hook it up to a laptop it works. But when I connect it to a DELL unit system it don't work. It has a Power Mode message but, I took the motherboard battery out like some people did and they said that works but, it didnt work for me. Like for example when I cut the monitor on while connected to the unit system it turns on and the LED is green then 2 seconds later it cuts off. And when I keep turning it off and on after several times It would give me a Power mode message then shut off immediately and the LED turns orange. PLEASE HELP.

Second HELP Question: I have another unit system AKA the brain of the computer. It doesnt evn turn on. The fan doesnt blow air and it only have orange LED buttons blinking or on. What should I DO ?</gras>
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 23, 2011 at 11:43 PM
This sounds like a problem with either the video card, motherboard or memory.

1. try removing the video card and re-seating it.
2. try removing the memory to see if you get beeps when you restart.

Good Luck
Okay thanks. But what do you mean by reseating?
Okay Thanks But What Do You Mean By Reseating?
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 24, 2011 at 09:47 PM
You remove the add-in video card (it may have a latch that needs to be released) and put it back into it's socket (that's "reseating the card").
Okay Thanks. I'm going to try.