In trying to set up my wireless router,

Closed
Kristy - Nov 15, 2011 at 07:38 PM
 Anonymous User - Nov 16, 2011 at 12:49 AM
Hello,
so when I was trying to set up my wireless router D-Link DI-524 and go through the wizard, I also tried to change the access point. When I stated to do this (which I don't even know what an access point is) by command propmt IPCONFIG/ this changed the IP address on my internet modem connection. Now I no longer can connect to the internet. I get a message that says limited or no connectivity. And now when I check my IP address (IPCONFIG) it gives me a differnt one that I originally started with. It was 192.168.0.101 with a subnet of 255.255.255.0 and now it says169.245.27.250 (and it says autoconfiguration IP address) with a subnet of 255.255.0.0 it also times out now when I try to type IPCONFIG/RENEW. I also did some command prompt of IPCONFIG/auto or something like that. Please help. I have messed up my computer so bad and comcast says they can't help me. They reset the modem on there end and this didn't help. Also when I try to repair the connection in the network connections, it says as it is trying to renew my IP address, windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed. Renewing your IP address For assistance contact the person who manages your network.

Regards

Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Nov 16, 2011 at 12:49 AM
If your OS is xp

go to run and type

cmd and click ok

Now run these commands

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

netsh winsock reset

ipconfig /flushdns