Certain cd's dont get recognized

Closed
Smart - Nov 26, 2011 at 09:21 PM
mileeballweg Posts 3 Registration date Saturday November 26, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 26, 2011 - Nov 26, 2011 at 11:17 PM
Hello,

Am using an ACER Aspire 4736 laptop. Yesterday i was trying to install a game. When i inserted in the drive, Windows does recognize it, but it says that the cd has no content and 700mb free of 700mb. it asks whether to burn files or use it like a flash drive. I even tried playing one of my music cd. That same cd which was playing a week ago doesnt play now and it too shws the same problem whther to burn files or use like a flash drive. But this isnt the case with all the cd's. all the cd's are working except this game cd and a mp3. I even tried installing another game which worked. Am not able to conclude anything. Someone please help me

1 response

mileeballweg Posts 3 Registration date Saturday November 26, 2011 Status Member Last seen November 26, 2011
Nov 26, 2011 at 11:17 PM
the disrecognition is if the disc type is made for a certain machine and specifically not for a laptop/computer, or yours is just old. hope this helped. thanks. :)