Yahoo email not recognized

Closed
sgtrwlilnder - Jul 12, 2019 at 08:00 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Jul 14, 2019 at 09:35 AM
Hello,
I'm having the same issue in that Yahoo is saying it does not recognize my email. I have had that same email for almost 20 years now and now, out of the blue, I'm being told it isn't recognized.

OK, so it isn't recognized. By that, and per other people's comments, it means that my email does not exist. If that were the case, I should be able to create a new email. However, when I do so, it tells me that that email address is already in use.

I've emailed Yahoo about this and have yet to get a response. I need access to my emails. I have email notifications that are sent to me that I need to be able to see them in order to reply accordingly to them.

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 75.0.3770.100

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Jul 12, 2019 at 09:01 AM
Hi,

If you haven't logged into your account for 1 year, your account will be automatically deleted due to inactivity.

For security reasons, you may not be able to use the same email address as your previous account. You can also check if your account still exists using the Sign-in Helper.

In case your account isn't recognized by the Sign-in Helper, you will not be able to recover it and you will have to use a different email address.
Considering I log in daily, that is not the issue. In fact, I was logged in and at about 2:00 pm, I was automatically logged out and told to log back in. It is at that point in time where I started receiving the message that my account doesn't exist.....and has been that way ever since (going on 5 days now).
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Jul 12, 2019 at 12:17 PM
There are two possible reasons for this situation.

1) Your account has been deactivated due to a violation of Yahoo's Terms.
2) You or someone else has deleted your account.

In these cases, you should contact Yahoo using this contact form.
I suspect my account has been hacked and that is why I am now blocked or whatever. I keep receiving text messages stating '######## is your Yahoo verification code' with my latest one being after I got locked out of it and could not log back in. When I questioned Yahoo about it several times ago, they said that as long as the text messages were going to me, whoever it was trying to get in wasn't receiving them so I had nothing to worry about. Yeah, right! Now I can't get in.
Jul 14, 2019 at 09:35 AM
Usually, when you delete a Yahoo account, you have several days to recover it using the Sign-in Helper and cancel the deletion.

But in your case, your account may have been permanently deleted since even the Sign-in Helper doesn't recognize your email address.

I think Yahoo has deleted your account due to a violation of Yahoo's Terms.