Windows xp wont start properly - Please help!

Closed
pineappleangel Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2009 - Jan 31, 2009 at 11:44 AM
 padma - Feb 1, 2009 at 08:44 AM
Hello,
My computer has many important files and pictures that i really do not want to lose on it, but it wont start properly in any mode
When i turn it on, it shows the normal screen which it has always shown, but normally it then went onto the black screen showing 'windows XP' and a moving bar underneath that
now, it shows the same screen but then gives me the option to -
Start windows in safe mode
- safe mode with networking
- safe mode with command prompt
- Last known good configuration
- start windows normally

none of these work!
I have read in several places that you can use the XP disk to start the computer somehow... but could someone tell me if i would lose all of the things on my computer doing this and exactly how to do it?
oh and is there a chance that a virus could have caused this?

Thanks
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,830
Jan 31, 2009 at 02:39 PM
I could be a virus or a bad hard disk or one time write error to the disk. I would copy all the data files to a CD/DVD after you recover Windows. The hard drive might not be reliable.

You can do a "repair-reinstall" of Windows that does NOT erase your files. But be very careful on which options you choose. Select the wrong one and it WILL erase the entire disk. This site gives good instructions for doing the repair-install
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Good Luck
Hi

I am having windows xp it is not working properly.
My magic jack stoed workiing I ahve formatted may magic jack it stopped working completly how to restore my magic jack pl help me .
thank u
adma