Laptop won't load icons or start tab.

Closed
Desre - Dec 4, 2011 at 06:14 PM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 4, 2011 at 11:03 PM
Hello,

I have a toshiba laptop and cannot get the icons to load. It will go throught all the way until it gets to the background picture and thats were it stops. I have tried to restore it and it worked the first time. While I was running a virus scan it restarted itself right before the scan was done and I am back to square one. I can get to safe mode and run the antivirus but won't let me do any of the quarintines. Tried:
To Run explorer
1) Press Ctrl + Alt + Del , task manager will appear
2) Click Applications' tab on the top , then click the " New Task "
3) type " explorer.exe " and click OK
Explorer.exe will appear

I ended the explorer.exe proccess and retyped explorer.exe in the new task and hit ok

I did the whole REGEDIT and none of the files are there:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\explorer.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Image File Execution Option\Your Image File Name Here without a path

The Shell value in the regedit is set to explorer.exe.

So I am out of ideas any one else have any?

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Dec 4, 2011 at 11:03 PM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.