Technodoofus..how to play DVD-RW on laptop

Closed
technodoofus - Jan 28, 2012 at 07:19 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 28, 2012 at 05:21 PM
Hello,

Huge apologies for being ignorant but I recently had my 30th birthday where my dad sang some of my favourite songs and a friend recorded it on a video recorder using a DVD-RW disc.

My brother is in SA and I would love to be able to upload the video to the internet so he can watch it - however, when I put the disc into my laptop it doesn't play (says 'please insert disc'), and I am worried to 'keep' trying incase I damage the disc.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated - I am sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thank you so much.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jan 28, 2012 at 05:21 PM
It's possible that your friend did not "finalize" the DVD recording. I would check with him/her to see if they have had similar problems before. They might be able to reinsert the disk and finalize it.

DVD-RW disks can also have compatibility problems with some DVD drives. Is it possible to try the disk on another computer?

Good Luck