I need change my number

Closed
bipin - Jan 30, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 30, 2012 at 03:57 PM
Hello,
I need to change the mobile phone that is used to send password reset information. But whenever I want to add another email address or new mobile phone Hotmail asked me to send a code to the mobile phone number currently registered in my account. I no longer live in the US where the number was registered, thus I cannot use the account. What do I do to remove this number? (When I tried to click the remove link Hotmail still asked me to send a confirmation code to the mobile phone number I no longer have). Thanks very much.

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jan 30, 2012 at 03:57 PM
Hello,

There no means to change that number, it's been poured into concrete.

Here is how you might solve the issue. This is the very last resort that worked for many others.

Open a brand new MSN/Hotmail account. On the main page, top right corner you will see a link "Ask a question", click on it and it will take you to a forum. Explain the situation in detail. A Hotmail moderator should give you the solution within 24 to 48 hours.

Good luck and please let me know