How to recover my hard disk data

Closed
mansoor - Feb 15, 2012 at 02:59 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 1, 2012 at 04:36 AM
Hello,
please help me out i need to recover my all hard disk data, by mistake i installed the new windows.. because of some stupid virus hack my laptop from internet and i was useing vista windows and now i installed window 7 but now i need my all privious data please help me.Is there any way to get my all data back ??? its space about 15 t0 20 GB and after the intalation there is no privious data any more ;( im so worried and i format my c drive when i was intall win7. and i have only 1 drive in my laptop since before and i dont have any back up ;( so please help me.

mansoor.

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 1, 2012 at 04:36 AM
Hello

Try this free recovery tool, a lot of people were very thankful for it:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/5003-recuva/

Good luck
Is the accounts still there? Are they unaccessible? If so, get Linux and install it on a USB. That way you can get any Locked out items. (Sometimes they remain locked out though) BTW if you do try this (This Applies with Ubuntu/Kubuntu) you have to use 'Recovery Mode" and click OK when it reaches the pink screen.

I hope this helps, Good luck!!!
Also you should try the Windows forum....