Vista startup problem

Closed
Igy - Feb 4, 2009 at 11:01 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 4, 2009 at 01:04 PM
Hello,

I have a problem with Acer 8920g... This is the problem: last night i turned off my PC normal (start>shutdown), the next day in the morning i tried to turn on my PC... I pushed my POWER button and PC started to "live" xD... Windows startup screen came, and loaded windows, and here my problem starts, after loading the windows all i have is black screen and a mouse pointer... What can I do??? Pls help...!?!?!

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 4, 2009 at 01:04 PM
hit Ctl+Alt+Del keys at the same time.
click "start task manager"
click "file" and "new task"
type explorer.exe and "OK" this should give you back your desk top. But, you have a virus that disabled it in the first place.

You might try a Windows Restore to remove the effects of the virus. Follow steps 1 through 3 above and then type in
C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe this will start the restore process - select a date and time well before your problem started.

You will need to run a FULL virus scan to identify and remove your infection.

Good Luck