Pc startup failure

Solved/Closed
sandeep - Mar 21, 2012 at 07:03 AM
 sandeep - Mar 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Respected sir with due respect I want to say that when i turn on my pc its gives 3 long beeps and lcd remains blank. Additionaly the rear fan also don't run but the fan on motherboard does.
Kindly help me what should i do i had tried replacing the RAM.thanking you
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 21, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Three beeps is normally a memory problem.

Unplug the power cord, lay the tower on it's side (I assume you have a tower?) & take out ALL the RAM. Take the original stick & run a pencil eraser along both sides of the contact edge, then wipe it with rubbing alcohol. Make sure it's 100% dry before reinstalling it. Take a good close look at the memory slot & at the contact edge of the RAM...notice the 2 notches? Make sure they line up when you insert the RAM in the slot. Push down firmly until you hear it click in place & double check that the locking tabs on each end of the memory slot are fully locked in place. Plug in the power & try booting up.
thanx for reply sir,I followed ur instructions, I noticed that the RAM is not going inside the slot completely its tilted on one side also the notch on one side is closing on it properly.I doubt it was always like this. I also tried foricbly but its not going properly.what should i do? Thanx again for ur help
thanx sir for ur reply, I followed ur instructions, I noticed that the RAM is not going in properly even after forcing it.Its tilted on one side and also the notch on the one side is closing only. I doubt it was always tilted like this. Is it normal to have one side slightly not inside the slot? Or i have to isert it somehow?
Plz guide sir thanx again for ur help
hurraah thanx sir finally its working .. u rocks thanx again.